Thursday, April 29, 2010

Macbeth: Found

Wherefore could I not live a coward;
Infirm of purpose?

Yet this ingratitude;
Due more than Duncan can pay.
Thane of Glamis?
Thane of Cawdor?
No.
I shall be king.
But could it be without my stir?
'Twere best not to know myself.

This is a sorry sight;
A fatal vision:
A dagger I see before me.
Gouts of blood upon my hangman's hands.
'Tis done, I have done the deed.
This bloody business; the assassination
Look on't again I dare not.

Hark!
The bell; the knell, invites me.
Chance shall have me king.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica! Your found poem clearly depicts the internal struggle that Macbeth faced when he was deciding whether to kill Duncan or not. You also show how Macbeth's ambition of becoming king wins over in the end. Very good poem

Post a Comment